Pages

Monday, December 8, 2014

What I Hear



© 2013 Mark Cote

Welcome to the real world
did you have a good time
underneath the shattered dreams
this is what you're gonna find

scraping to get by
can turn you upside down
humbled dreamer heart
sings a silent little sound
so low

(chorus) what I hear
                 conscience telling me
                 if you give up on trying
                 this is what you're gonna be
                 what I hear
                 though I keep it all inside
                 for I remember the days
                 I had to swallow my pride

shadows of the past
tell me where I've been
if just to remind me
of what not to do again

It's not about the road
just where it may lead
no more rear view nights
I just have to believe
in me

(chorus)



No comments:

Post a Comment