Pages

Monday, February 23, 2015

Thankful For The Pain



© 2013 Mark Cote

What I never knew when I had fallen down
is where it would lead 'til you came around
through the chaos we can't see our way
but on the other side is our sunny day

(chorus) I'm thankful for the pain that taught me how to heal
                  thankful for the tears that taught me how to feel
                  thankful for everything I've been through
                  for if I didn't go through it
                  I'd never met you

grey cloud days when things went bad
remember days that yesterdays had
like the rain that washes the ground
flowers bloom without a sound

yeah, I'm thankful

(chorus)

Life leads us to where we belong
even when it's right even when it's wrong
follow the light through it all
it will protect you and never let you fall

(chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment