Pages

Monday, February 16, 2015

The Man Without A Dream



© 2015 Mark Cote

Hey sun
will you work across the sky
and then you call it night
hey sun

chasing down the moon
years go by so soon
hey moon

are you dreaming of the day
have you lost your way
hey moon

days you let it all fly past
don't let them be your last
hey moon

(chorus) going in the dusk
                  coming into the dawn
                  don't you grab it before it's all gone
                  we may not know just what it means
                  the man without a dream

hey stars
so distant in the night
though you shine the same light
hey stars

millions of you and me
dreaming in vaster seas
hey me

I may not know just where to go
but my heart will tell me so
hey me

(chorus)

Hey you
may my you hold your inner light
may it keep on burning bright
hey you

smiles may come and go
but let the spark inside you grow
Hey you

(chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment