Pages

Monday, May 11, 2015

Vacation Eyes



© 2015 Mark Cote

sticky city heat
like the tar under my feet
melting the clothes
off of those
on the beach

warm summer rain
like tears of memory stains
bring me back
to what I lack
here again

(chorus) Vacation eyes
                  take me back to yesterday
                  am I unwise
                  to want what used to be
                  vacation eyes
                  such a sweet sweet surprise
                  if only in my mind
                  oh... vacation eyes

dandelion seed
drifting away in the breeze
tumbling down
how I met you
how you met me

do we ever know
will they stay or will they go
weather unsure
under a cloud
sounds so load

(chorus)
(instrumental)

as I look out on the tide
wish you were here right by my side
somewhere in time
is where I will find
 vacation eyes

(chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment