Pages

Monday, August 10, 2015

Maybe This Country's Not For You



© 2015 Mark Cote

The ones who died
to build this land
the good the bad
go hand in hand

it's who we are
our history
as the stars and stripes
wave in the breeze

we built strength on
diversity
we overcame
adversity
seemed there was nothing we couldn't do
as we reached out to the moon

(chorus) open-handed you're offended by me
                  by everything that makes me me
                  still you want us to give to you
                  but without respect
                  maybe this country
                  maybe this country
                  maybe this country's not for you

if you come here
you accept what we're about
if you do not
you can let yourself out

never bite the hand that feeds
for it shows who you are
not who is me

(chorus)
(instrumental)

no one is better
not you not I
when we work together
let the eagle fly



No comments:

Post a Comment