Pages

Monday, August 31, 2015

We All Are One



© 2015 Mark Cote

as the mist is drying what is it I am seeing
could it be a vision of who I become
like the sun that's rising I keep on believing
when we stop the dream our life here is done

little boy whose dancing on the ceiling
may the life you grow into never bring you down
like the onion the world will keep on peeling
but no matter where it looks you just can't be found

(Bridge) with all I've lost there's something I have gained
                  the part of me I hold on to still remains
                  they kiss my soul and I learned how to grow
                  if you don't understand you may never know

(chorus) I think I know who I've become
                  yes, I think I know who I become
                  I, me and you, we all are one
                  I think I know who we become
                  yes, I think I know who we become
                  I, me and you, we all are one

when I was a child I wondered where I was growing
and now I'm older I long for days gone by
though the winds they will keep on blowing
they'll never touch the me that's still inside

When I was a child I had an accident
the colors I saw all vanished from one eye
It made me cherish what colors realy meant
and build that rainbow we'll be part of when we die

(Bridge)
(chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment