Pages

Monday, October 12, 2015

I Survived The 405



© 2015 Mark Cote

coming up the ramp
a stream of wheels, hey
looking for a place
that I can steal, yeah
well, I was told to avoid
the 405
it'll eat you up
and spit you aside
oh no!

(chorus) pulling up
                  and changing lanes
                  all these highways
                  are all the same
                  if you pay attention
                  to how you drive
                  you can say
                  I survived the 405

so I paced myself
in lane number 3, yeah
let the slow ones crawl
let the fast ones speed
I've got nothing to prove
no hostility
it is what it is
is all I see
yeah!

(chorus)
(instrumental)

taking it slow
there's nothing to fear
but the guy on my tail
is getting too near
it may take a bit longer
so plan ahead
better to play it safe
than wind up dead

(chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment