Pages

Monday, March 7, 2016

A Better Me



© 2016 Mark Cote

strangers always ask me
how I feel
do they realize
the words aren't me
people high on disillusion
can never tell right from wrong
people lost in their confusion
dreams that won't last for long

people coldly passing
on the street
only reaching out
on a screen
in all this infatuation
just so they are blind
I found the realization
only few will find

they will never see
so just let
them be

(chorus) molding
                  holding
                  so many colors like the sea
                  molding
                  holding
                  letting it take over me
                  molding
                  holding
                  a better me....

bloody mud is melting
off my feet
as the world grows bigger
 than I see
it was just a mis-perception
looking through others eyes
now just a recollection
years like that can make you blind

if they will never see
then just let
them be

(chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment