Pages

Monday, March 28, 2016

Monochrome People



© 2016 Mark Cote

In a world that just obsess
on the short mundane
I try to do my best
not to simply go insane

scripted speech without a heart
vanish in the mist
without the depth
and for me
they do not exist

(chorus) Monochrome people
                  can't see the colors of the world
                  monotone people
                  can't hear the passion in a word
                  when a gentle touch is what you seek
                  monochrome people can not be found

plastic trees that now grow
from the seeds that we sow
hollow branch cannot hold
a heavy heart or so I'm told

(chorus)

in a forest of metal worlds
that don't absorb the sun
running someone else's race
a race that can't be won

(chorus)
(instrumental)

inverted views
I can't relate
while they obsess
I meditate
what saddens me
they cannot see
or is it just
their destiny

(chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment