Pages

Monday, May 15, 2017

Run Away



© 2013 Mark Cote

Walking now in the world of smiling strangers
gone what I've known trust is the danger
where do I go when it's spinning around
idle chatter to me doesn't make a sound

the depth of what I see I can't tell to others
for until you falter no one starts to wonder
I broke the looking glass a long time ago
it only reflected the world I know

(chorus) in the shiny darkness I climb the walls
                  in the shiny darkness I see it all
                  see my soul as it slips away
                  see colored skies now turn to grey
                  run away ( ahhhhh)
                  run away

Like the sheep knows he is being fleeced
the bird in the cage is still out of reach
as I reach out now please take my hand
before I get swallowed in the shifting sands

if I get out of this tunnel dead or alive
what will await for me on the other side
the journey is so long some never go
learning to break free they will never know

(chorus)

(bridge) words are the colors I throw on the ground
                  paving a path I have never found
                  (ahhhh)
                  will you be there please wait for me
                  open my eyes and let me see

(chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment