Pages

Monday, May 29, 2017

So Close



© 2017 Mark Cote

Leaves don't believe the tears I cried
or the emptiness that's left inside
they just smile and blow away
can't see the shadows in the day

empty words from poets mouths
riddled wisdom now in doubt
trembled strings they resonate
echoes in the dark

(chorus) the petaled dreams
                  that I could taste
                  felt tomorrow
                  upon my face
                  the mystery I'll never know
                  I really think I came.....
                  so close

trusting words of circus clowns
they play the game
they act so proud
another rabbit hole I know
but where oh where would I go

the bar I reach I cannot grasp
my baited breath now a gasp
from future visions claws my past
will this curse forever last

(chorus)
(instrumental)

the scene's the same inside my mind
hopeful boy locked up inside
where is the key to that door
it's getting hard to see

the paint has peeled
the pages fade
children now have gone away
when something in us dies
something still remains

(chorus)

I really think I came....
so close


No comments:

Post a Comment