Pages

Sunday, July 9, 2017

A New Beginning You



© 2017 Mark Cote

nervous steps through singing pines
what lies ahead what's left behind
to learn the song and carry a tune
but not too slow and not too soon

daydream days are they left behind
or still ahead for me to find
can't see tomorrow "til I bathe in today
the words I read are hard to say

(chorus) and so.... it's shiny and new
                  the snow... has melted to dew
                  and so... it's shiny and new
                  I found... a new beginning you

when ivory eyes can see the night
distance follows by morning light
cascading days to weekend pools
follow the sun is what you do

(chorus)
(instrumental)

(bridge) I may never know
                 where this feeling will go
                  life may just pretend
                  that feelings don't end

(chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment