Pages

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Spirits Of Alternate Selves


© 2013 Mark Cote

Are we just spirits
are we just spirits
of alternate selves

Are we just spirits
are we just spirits
of alternate selves

Two young hearts looking out at forever
sweetly tasting the lover's wine
running forward with no mirrors
never knew the world they'd find

you took the highway I took the back road
leaving the past far behind

and I don't know
I don't know
why I feel like this
maybe you're
baby you're
hard to dismiss

(chorus) Are we just spirits
                  are we just spirits
                  of alternate selves
                  reeling and careening
                  remember how we felt
                  but now we're just spirits
                  spirits of alternate selves

Two lonely hearts across the ocean
years past the ships we sailed
I'll hold onto your memory
In every breathe I inhale

days go by
nights roll by
I wonder why
you're the one
who brings out
the stars in my eyes

(chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment