Pages

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Too High A Price For Paradise



© 2013 Mark Cote

silent passage day to day
just another cog in the wheel
ones I've known have gone away
want to go to where it's real

doorway opened for me to see
how simply life could really be
leap of faith leave it all behind
trust in me I won't lead you blind

(chorus) Too high a price for paradise
                  when the ones who kiss are the ones who bite
                  too high a cost of an endless June
                  have to act so very soon
                  so much to lose so much to gain
                  just a promise I can't explain
                  for the world I knew to drift out of sight
                  too high a price for paradise

gatekeeper sarcastic smile
what's really the plan or intent
expecting more before it's time
give up my soul and pay no rent

so close but yet still so far away
I know I will make it maybe someday
just not at this point in time
on that day the sun will shine

(chorus)



No comments:

Post a Comment