Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2018

It's Who I Am


© 2018 Mark Cote

you know there's a sunset
people always chase
it's just a merry-go-round
not a win or lose race

in the midnights
she is holding you
she'll carry your heart and soul
to help you just make it through

(chorus) it's not the dark
                     it's not the light
                     it's who I am
                     not yesterday
                     maybe today
                     it's who I am
                     who I am

my heart bleeds in ink
on an empty page
while some shouted for more
on a bright crowded stage

when the music
is your only friend
sometimes you have to hang on
'til the tunnel's come to an end

(chorus)

hey there sisters
are you looking down
seems the world's lost it's heart
since you were around

it's a covered bridge
that keeps me holding on
and I walk it with you
as we gaze at the dawn

(chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment