Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Another Ripple In My Mind

© 2011 Mark Cote

It was a sunny day all the people were gathered 'round
to see a golden ring
and a wedding gown
how was I to know the lips I kissed could burn so bad
when all this time
I thought you were mine

and like a flash in my past
it still comes back to me
time and time again
then it's gone with the wind
just another ripple in my mind

(instrumental)

sunset morning brother and sister all dressed in black
the hands of time
you can't wind back
you never know how fragile it is 'til it slips away
and all you have
is just a memory

all to often
we can't see
tomorrow's pains were made today
another lesson learned
and another ripple in my mind

It was a rainbow night all the penguins were dressed in white


No comments:

Post a Comment