Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Can't Run Away From Me

© 2011 Mark Cote

I'm happy
though you think that I'm sad
I'm laughing
though you think that I am mad
ah aha ha
if you could look through my eyes you'd see
behind the mask is only me

I cry
the tears of a clown
I smile
even though I wear a frown
ah aha ha
afraid to let it show
afraid of letting go...

(chorus) but I can't run away from me ( run away from me)
                can't blame the ones who see
                for the battle is not with you it's with in me

the rain
doesn't make a sound
the snow
will never touch the ground
the pain will always show
until I can let it flow

(chorus)

2 comments:

  1. Nice. Also like your page photo and the way it scrolls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Brenne, Thanks for commenting right on my blog! Thanks for your feedback about the design. I took a whole day designing it. Feel free to browse as many older posted songs as you want. I'd love feedback.

    ReplyDelete