Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

Just Beyond The Headlights




© 2012 Mark Cote

I was dreaming just the other day
of the things that we might say
on the day we meet
just outside my dreams

perfumed moonlight tasting so sweet
with a beauty I cannot yet see
just around the bend
until I reach the end

(chorus) Out on the shoreline
                  just beyond my reach
                  in my daydreams
                  forever it seems
                  in every sunset I never forget
                  out on this road somewhere in the night
                  just beyond my headlights

Leave your calling card here in my heart
dreams of tomorrow is a kind of art
only love can bring
painted by angel wings

Thought I caught a glimpse of you today
or was it the dawn's morning rays
that give me hope
and keep my heart afloat

(chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment