Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

And Then She's Gone

© 2009 Mark Cote

1. as sandy tears burn my cheek
   and salty waves rake the beach
   I drive into the sunrise
   though in the cold shadow of the prickly palm

   crushed shells beneath my feet
   of loves lost in defeat
   I hear the cries
   as the gull soars lonely up above

(chorus) The sea makes a haunting sound
                when there's not a soul around
                an endless roar, a sudden crash
                and then she's gone...
                and then she's gone

2. I brought your memory to the sea
   hoping to set it free
   I release my heart
   and let it bleed for you and me into the Lonely Sea

   Love and pain I felt for you
   the you I thought was so true
   now Pacific Ocean Blue
   your sweet perfume now lost in the salty air
(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment