Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Prove Me Wrong

© 2009 Mark Cote

1. The hands of greed larger than those that care
    as ideals trickle down
    deaf eyes and blinded ears
    the pains in the world invisible tears

2. a loveless world filled with hollow souls
    as hearts harden all around
    if I say there's not a friend left in sight
    the colors of the world are just black and white

(chorus) Prove me wrong
                Prove me wrong
                that what I see isn't real
                these feelings are not what I feel
                Prove me wrong

(bridge) yesterdays are not todays
                bright colors a blur of grays
                and life is a dead-end maze
(chorus)

3. a laugh in the dark makes no sound
    the circus clown wears a frown
    the Cheshire Cat hides his face
    the world he knew a lonely place
(chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment