Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

No Escape From The State Of You

© 2010 Mark Cote

Jasmine July on a stormy eve
you taught me to love, I taught you to believe
the love you wore it fit just right
and I fell for you on a summer night..

(chorus) Minnesota to Oklahoma
                I will always see your eyes
                from Nebraska to Alaska
                running through my state of mind
                at each border, I hope to find
                what I'm running from I left behind
                I'm only fooling myself it's true
                there's no escape from the state of you

state of confusion I enter now
the day I lost you I don't know how
some say that we just fell apart
others say she broke my heart
the more miles that I go it drifts away
but the state of you I can't erase

(chorus)

Miles of highway in these wheels
can't hide the way I feel
of all the wonders I've been to
there's nothing quite like the state of you

(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment