Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Watercolor Mind

© 2010 Mark Cote

from pigmented eyes, Bermuda green
a palette of all that is you
raspberry lips with a cellophane sheen
now kiss somebody new

you brushed my heart in bristling hues
two hearts tangled in rhyme
did I stir passion in you
or will pages just fall out of time

(chorus) and when your Monet is on display
                will my memory wash away
                like paint down the drain..
                will my colors just fade behind
                in your watercolors
                in your watercolor mind

pastel skies run deep sea blue
our memory is evergreen
the love that I found in the you that I knew
from my night to my day in between

wanderlust dream leading you on
I will not stand in your way
little bird can't fly like a swan
and I'll fly with you some day

(chorus)
(instrumental)
(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment