Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

Walking In My Own Shadow

© 2010 Mark Cote

sometimes I'm confused
and sometimes I can't see...
where I need to go
from the world I used to know
to what lies just beyond...

sometimes it's not there
the words I want to say...
I look in your eyes
I remember goodbyes
of where we've been before...

(chorus) am I walking in my own shadow
                walking in the night
                burnt by my own dark
                afraid to see the light
                from fears in my past
                and the spell that they have cast
                upon an open heart..


they say love is blind
to a heart that doesn't know...
if we touched in the night
would your heart give up the fight
and then I'd really know...

I dream of you each day
would you go or would you stay
if what we felt was real
your love could not conceal
I'd know I'm in your eyes...
(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment