Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

You're The Question

© 2010 Mark Cote

she touched my heart
and without a word
lit up something in me

I reach for her hand
the one that held me
her love made me strong
what is wrong

(chorus) you're the question my life's been asking
                while I live underground
                while I look up at you with loving eyes
                why do you look down on me
                I can't see

                is it love
                or are you going through the motions
                a gentle sea
                or lost in commotion
                I don't know
                is it real the way that you feel
                is it real

Can't sing to a bird
'cause it can't hear me
I don't sing her song

Can't swim like a fish
'cause I just float there
while she swims along
what is wrong
(chorus)

I look in her eyes
but she looks through me
to a ghost on her wall

love of friendship
comes and goes
like the sun or snow
I don't know
(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment