Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2010

When And Where I Want To Be

© 2010 Mark Cote

The ones, who stare, at lines in the road
don't know where it goes
in their eyes it shows

as I, look up, in a world that looks down
on you and me
afraid to still dream

I remember tomorrow, just yesterday
I plan for today
how long I will stay

(chorus) And it's when.. and where, I want to be
                where the arms still love
                as soft as a dove
                and it's why, I want to be
                more than I am
                do you think that I can
                holding your hand

some push, love, out of the way
from something they fear
it's really not clear

how you, take blue, in so many ways
take day from night
a dreamer in flight

the love in my future, inspired my past
you see into me
just out of reach
(chorus)

this blind man will follow, the light in your eyes
you see through my tears
just like you were here
and

there's something about, the love in your eyes
I can't tell you why
it makes my heart cry
(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment