Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Dime Store Cinderella

© 2010 Mark Cote

I got taken in
by such a sheepish grin
you spun me around
turned me down
and then you walked away

you're living in a dream
it's not just what it seems
life in a mirror
you think it looks clearer
hollow mirrors have another side

(chorus) Hey, there
                dime store Cinderella
                with those Hollywood eyes
                with the skyward upturned nose...
                You come off
                like you're a Lady Genevieve
                with a pink chandelier
                and maybe nobody knows...
                 I'm telling you
                'cause I've seen the other side
                the one you always hide
                and you're just a prima donna to me...
                you're not as big as you seem
                you're not as big as you seem

It seems like such a sin
when your world caves in
I wanna be there
when the angels will stare
as it all comes crashing down

I saw the writing on the wall
when the hawk began to fall
you stare at yourself
with all of your wealth
but it ain't gonna help you now
(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment