Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Miles And Miles

© 2008 Mark Cote

1. can't show appreciation, it's misunderstood
    won't show hatred even if I could
    confused by a world thats's full of distrust
    I keep traveling on, I know I must

(chorus) with miles and miles to go
                and miles and miles lost
                trying to shake a memory of a heart that's been tossed

2. too many memories behind, unknown up ahead
    the pain fueled my heart, and alone I fled
    cast out by all that I knew, don't feel I belong
    from the world I withdrew, wonder what went wrong
(chorus)

3. Don't know where I'm going, but it can't be as bad
    as the pain I've endured of a love that went bad
    I travel on, I don't know why
    but a memory will linger like a sad lullaby
(chorus)

4. afraid to exit, might be a dead end
    though signs entice around every bend
    as long as I last I will travel on
    a road of lost souls is where I belong
(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment