Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My Tortured Soul

© 2008 Mark Cote

1. Living in a carnival where everyone's a clown
    of shallowness and anger and so I wear a frown
    You always have to smile, never show it on your face
    wanting to be in, another time and place

 (chorus) My tortured soul in a cold display case
                 showing all the sorrow and disgrace
                 Cries transparent tears so no one will see
                 the tortured soul, all that's left of me

2. See me every night if you have the time
    a fool out on display only for a dime
    They come and see me and they point and jest
    to hold it together, I try to do my best
(chorus)

3. being used to the silence of my beating heart
    every night's chaos, I just want to depart
    The lights too bright the sounds too loud
    everywhere around
    for a tortured soul to hide and not be found
(chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment