Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

California Dream

© 2008 Mark Cote

1. thinking of a beach, in warmer weather
    Why am I standing here, bundled up in leather?
    warm sand around my feet, instead of ice and snow
    a kiss by the sun, says a sweet hello

(chorus) left turn, right turn
                don't know where to go
                wishing for my summer
                in the bitter snow

2. Palm trees, Plumeria everywhere I see
    lovely ocean breeze calling out to me
    snowflakes and icicles and a Christmas tree
    Are comforting to some, but I do not agree
(chorus)

3. Hear the waves, smell the air makes me feel at home
    Not being cold and lonely, and feeling all alone
    a pretty Surfer Girl with a sweet song
    Pulling at my heart, can that be so wrong?
(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment