Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wrapped Up In A Song

© 2008 Mark Cote

1. a bed of instruments, in tune and on key
    intricate sounds of complexity
    a sheet of music, a basic design
    closest to me, my soul's outline

(chorus) wrapped up in a song is where I belong
                my closest friend, I've known for so long
                you've always been there through right or wrong
                so wrap me up in a song and take me along

2. a blanket of harmonies both high and low
    In beautiful colors, with a gradual flow
    a comforter of voice, that makes me feel warm
    covers my heart from life's hostile storm
(chorus)

3. pillow of lyrics since they're all in my head
    full of feathers of rhyme, I weave them like thread
    giving me dreams of being safe and away
    a tropical beach on a sunny day
(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment