Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Purr Me A Simple Song

© 2008 Mark Cote

1. a helpless innocent stare of a 4-legged friend
    gives me more meaning because they don't pretend
    they rely on you for everything, you're their only world
    they appreciate it by prancing, with their toes curled

(chorus) Purr me a simple song
                to let me know where I belong
                loud enough to drown out
                the pain I want to live without
                So Purr me a simple song
                To comfort me what went wrong

2. it's comforting to know that they're always here
    to stop all the loneliness and purr away the tears
    their quivering tail, a cuddling embrace
    a happy expression with a furry face
(chorus)

3. a foolish dog's smile the wagging of his tail
    the sincerity of a cat will always prevail
    with Catitude and dignity
    they choose their person selectively
    grateful am I, that their choice was me
(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment