Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Bleeding Heart

© 2008 Mark Cote

1. Can't find the right words, my heart gets in the way
    Causing me to say things, I probably shouldn't say
    Whatever I did wrong I'll probably never know
    The more that I reach out, the farther you will go

(chorus) A Bleeding Heart clouding the words
                 And what I really mean, is not what you have heard
                 Bleeding Heart clouding the memory
                 Of what I meant to you and what you meant to me
                 Bleeding from your beach and to the open sea

2. Knowing you I never knew where I stand
    on a lovely beach, or is this just quick-sand?
    You never acknowledged my witty silly side
    this is how I tell, I use it as a guide
(chorus)

3. You shut me out with no explanation
    after knowing you so long, now sorrow and frustration
    to hear it second-hand is up to interpretation
    not knowing how much is just fabrication
(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment