Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Burning Broken Heart

© 2008 Mark Cote

1. In this lonely world, everyone needs someone that cares
    To make their life worthwhile
    Why does it seem anyone my heart reaches to
    Seem to pull away

2. My heart found a soothing harmony
    A melody
    A voice that made my heart feel it found a place
    Where it was nice and safe
    Only to find that my heart had burned her too
    She pulled back and flew

(bridge) Am I a reflection of something in you
                You find hard to face?
                It brings you disgrace?

(chorus) I guess some can't take pain when it burns with this intensity  
                That's why I'm left here all alone with my Burning Broken Heart
                Why are the flames of distrust hotter with everyone I ever meet?
                Than the pain inside my Burning Broken Heart?

3. Surrounded by people who may pretend to care
    But only give me cold stares
    As they walk on by they say "How are you"
    If only they knew
    They'd pull away too
(chorus)

4. Day to night. Week to month.
    Repetition and monotony
    In an empty coloring-book world
    Means nothing alone
    Like a king on an empty throne
(chorus)

(closing tag) Now alone in a world with only memories
                     And the pain inside my Burning Broken Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment