Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Loss Of A Friend

© 2008 Mark Cote

1. To lose a friend has taken a piece of my heart away
    forever
    been poisoned by those around them by distorting truth
    sever
    Envy and fear to drive someone away
    clever

(chorus) How can I get through to you
                How can I open up your eyes
                When friends you trust start to pull away
                a piece of your world slowly turns to gray


2. some around you build a wall off distrust around your heart
    guarded
    If you peeked over you'd see me naked and alone
    discarded
    branded by labels that are not me
    bombarded
(chorus)

3. The world outside is a cold and lonely place
    shiver
    So glad some have chosen me into their life
    giver
    tried to reach out to someone who cared
    never
(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment