Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Icicles At My Heart

© 2008 Mark Cote

1. looking at the world with an ever darkening shade
    a rainbow brightly colored, now all that is greyed
    living in a world that's turned it's back on me
    singing of love, but showing none to me

(chorus) Throwing icicles at my heart that beats too warm
                slows it's beating like a chilling strom
                how much longer will this all go on
                until all the heat that is left is gone

2. like touching a hot stove with your hand burned
    never try again just a lesson learned
    falling off a bike getting on again
    now losing the strength to try to find a friend
(chorus)

3. my fertile tropic isle now is too far to go
    the seed of my heart now lies in ice and snow
    now the only place where I can belong
    the comfort of a verse a melody of song
(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment