Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

15 Minutes

© 2010 Mark Cote

In 5 minutes I'm in a state
your colors intoxicate
I drink it in
puts my heart in a spin

in a trance it seems
could this be a dream
of something bigger than you and me

(chorus) I just seem to lose track of my time
                when I think of you, dear
                I can honestly say
                I never felt this way, here
                like a second hand you spin me round
                and round and round...

in 10 minutes my heart would melt
If I knew just how you felt
but they might talk
so I keep it out of sight

I'll dance inside your rhyme
in your summertime
where blue taste sweet and life is so sublime
(chorus)

15 minutes to see you smile
a flower bloom in my sky
where day is night
and night turns into day

ladybug on a dime
can you tell me what's the time
or did time stand still when I looked in her eyes
(chorus)


Couldn't see up from down
until you came around
the sun had set
and left me without a net

this turtle was on his back
blind sided heart attack
you flipped me up and put me back on track
(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment