Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Bambi Blue

© 2009 Mark Cote

(chorus) how are you
                bambi blue
                smile at me
                then wink at you
                gold is cold and lights are bright
                but it's all you know
                oh, bambi blue

The princess in her pretty world
not from out of your shiny world
you trusted me more to save your day
when you almost slipped away

My hand strong enough to pull you through
from the darkness you were cast into
where souls are sold and lives are lost
I saved your life at any cost
(chorus)

my world doesn't glitter but it's safe
from a heartless world without a face
it was strange to you from all you knew
so like a bird you quickly flew
(chorus)

Now lost in the world of glimmer and light
as I slip back, into the night
Enjoy this new life I gave to you
for mine is still cold and broken heart blue
(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment