Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Pain's The Same The Names Have Changed

© 2010 Mark Cote

nowhere to run nowhere to hide
the fear I feel eats me inside
lonely teardrop can't see the rain
an empty heart can't feel the pain

faceless frames and empty walls
let the curtain rise let it fall
crying clown on a sunny day
nothing to do nothing to say

(chorus) No one's to blame for the falling rain
                the sun was too bright
                the moon too blue
                thoughts run through my head
                with memories of you
                bleeding colors are tear stained
                the pain's the same the names have changed

clone the darkness the colors of grey
I'll make it through some how some why
the slacks of life have turned to jeans
if you've been there you know what I mean
(chorus)

so I cry on a rainy day
those who see will have nothing to say
carry on
go on your way

No comments:

Post a Comment