Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Sweet Riptide

© 2009 Mark Cote

gentle curves of an ocean wave
invite you in if you are so brave
she kisses the sand with a love so true
she'll take you for a ride that you never knew

hear her soft voice calling out to me
a repeating chorus of an endless sea
her voice starts off a heavy sigh
 then crashed back I don't know why

(chorus) sweet riptide you're pulling at me (pulling at me)
                sweet riptide, sweet riptide
                by my side she dances for me (dances with me)
                by my side, sweet riptide
                misty-eyed, you're all that I see (all that I see)
                sweet riptide, sweet riptide

leaving her mark in the sand
like a lover's outstretched hand
shells of love's lost long before
scattered on a coastal shore
(chorus)



No comments:

Post a Comment