Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

I know She'll Come To Me Someday

© 2010 Mark Cote

From my porch, I watch a sunrise
Pink and orange spread into day
Misty dew, on the window
or are you the tears in my eyes

Walk the sands, on the beach
like a love just out of reach
One step forward, is one step near
I know she'll come to me someday

(chorus) Like a rabbit in a dog race
                a firefly in the night
                your elusive sweetness touch my tongue
                maybe tomorrow, maybe next year
                the thought that leads me on
                is holding you near
                I know she'll come to me someday

I find love in a stranger's face
the warming hug a musical word
these pieces will pull me through
until I find that beautiful you

All the stars, in the sky
the ones I see are in her eyes
palm tree enticing, gently sway
I know she'll come to me someday
(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment