Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Starfish

© 2009 Mark Cote

just before the dawn down on echo beach
with the waves just out of reach
waiting on a surfer sunrise
to watch the reflection in her eyes

a wish I made to a starfish one night
a lone surfer by the lonely moonlight
wishing to be lonely no more
the answer will come by the morning's shore

(chorus) starfish, starfish glowing in the sand
                on a full moon take my hand
                through a whispering sigh in the surf
                and the love of mother earth
                bring me kisses from the wind
                wrap her loving heart and a warm grin

The stars in her eyes light up my world
the sound of her voice makes my heart unfurl
loving arms that wrap around me
 bring an endless summer from an endless sea
(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment