Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Why Can't They See

© 2009 Mark Cote

as I close my eyes to a world that preys on it's young
the more I see the clearer black it becomes
when life makes you trip and fall in disgrace
 they're only there to kick dirt in your face

(chorus) Why, why, why can't they see
                what has happened to me
                my world now upside down
                no caring soul around
                why, why, why can't you see
                what is left
                what is left of me

as I close my ears to songs the birds no longer sing
replaced by a jagged vultures wings
swoop down on you if you show a flaw
with a dirty blood-stained sharpened claw
(chorus)

as I close my mouth to the pains I endure
no ears hear so speak it no more
so in my mind is where I reside
the safest place for me to hide
(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment