Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Not Looking Back

© 2009 Mark Cote

(chorus) I'm not lookin' back, got my tail to the wind
                got the petal to the metal and a sarcastic grin
                so open a lane to the great beyond...
                and watch your back
                'cause I'm not lookin' back

the cries from those in my darkened past
only bring me down and they don't last
the light is brighter, up ahead
as the dreamers dream over my head

come along for the ride with a smile on your face
take a deep breath if you can keep the pace
I'll color the world for you little girl
watch with me it's about to unfurl
(chorus)

we'll only stop to see a sunrise
or see a rainbow painted by a dreamer's eyes
guiding me on is  the song in my heart
if you dream the dream, then you play a part
(chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment