Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Hands Of Time

© 2009 Mark Cote

1. time, alone will replace me from your memory
    but it'd take a new heart to replace the you in me
    as the waves roll in, then pull away
    they love the beach, then leave it cold
    how you touched my heart, and the love you stole

2. your sad song will always play in my mind
    from now, and for all time
    reminding me of a place and time
    of a friend who cared
    and a sun that shined

(chorus) so carry on, carry on, the hands of time
                for you at least, may they always be kind
                as the river of tears flow in my mind
                I'll keep them from you, and let you shine

3. So let me vanish from your sight
    it's where I belong
    in time and space
    or the words of a song
    I bare my soul for all to see
    maybe for me... eternity
(chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment