Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

What's Left Of My Heart

© 2009 Mark Cote

1. Black sunrise
    on a summer day
    when my eyes bleed
    from the pain
    summer dreams aren't what they seem
    a mirage in the night
    pulled the wind from my heart
    tore it apart
   now the sand burns my feet

(chorus) let me crawl inside
                curl up and hide
                in what's left of my heart
                or lay it in reach
                on a scalding beach
                for the buzzards to devour

2. an angel's love
    I want to feel
    to allow my heart to heal
    the white dove
    the black crow
    olive branches have thorns I know

3. broken glass
    won't hurt anymore
    than the slamming of the door
    northern cold
    inside my soul
    the honey tastes too sweet
(chorus)

lost I sail
in a windy gale
the sea so cold
 and so deep



No comments:

Post a Comment