Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

Heroes

© 2009 Mark Cote

1. he brought me into the world with a smile on his face
    the first hero I saw I will never erase
    I learned to share, as the youngest child
    with the joy it brought, I always smiled

2. As I grew up I learned a lot
    from those around... the ones that taught
    they command respect with a gentle hand
    from that idea, I want to expand
Because for me

(chorus) Heroes aren't found in a comic book
                all I have to do is take a look
                they look like you or me
                take a look, then you'll see

3. When my country asked, I answered the call
    to protect and serve, I did it all
    don't judge others by petty things
    there's good in us all, with the love we bring
Because for me
(chorus)

4. When times are tough, a friend lends a dime
    a hero looks different, every time.
    Lost in the world, nowhere to go
    the man upstairs will always know
Because for me
(chorus)

5. When his days were slim I was there for him
    I said "you were a hero to me",he said "I was a hero to him"
    I looked up to my dad through all of my life
    Through all the troubles, and all the strife
Because for me
(chorus)


No comments:

Post a Comment