Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Cry On A 4-Leaf Clover

© 2009 Mark Cote

1. When a honeymoon turns blue, I'll desire you
    a bird forgets to sing, a fish forgets to swim
    your love will fill me within

    When Valentine's stand for nothing
    in my heart you'll be touching

(chorus) You can cry on a 4-leaf clover
                'cause when it's over, it's over
                burning your candle at both ends
                then look at me through a clouded lens
                will get you in the end

2. When love songs can't touch hearts, you'll cure my bleeding heart
    a poet loses rhyme, a clock loses it's time
    is when your love will be mine


(bridge) time won't change the reality
                of things I thought were so dear to me
                now distant and out of your reach
                even though it's a lonely beach
(chorus)

  Maybe in another life
  you'd be my loving wife

No comments:

Post a Comment