Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Plastic Angel

© 2009 Mark Cote

1. colorful wings, with all the things
    you say and do
    they will never fly
    they'll never lift you
    for an angel flies from her heart and not her wings
    the love in her heart is what she sings

 2. judged not by the great deeds
     but by the small
     the pure hearts who reach out
     from their heart's rainfall
     when no one's around, what do you do
     gently guide, or icy blue

(chorus) Plastic angel put's on a face
                sings the song, dance the pace
                But without a heart, it's empty space
                You'll never know 'til it's too late
                the hearts you broke is your fate

3. I may be small in your eyes
    but in my time I will rise
    For my heart is true, but I don't glow
    I don't dance or put on a show
(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment