Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Her Eyes Say Yes But The Slap Says No

© 2009 Mark Cote

1. bought her dinner bought her wine
    later on we took a drive
    to look-out point with the stars above
    Oh no, I forgot my glove

    somehow I think Cupid missed
    'cause when we kissed
    her teeth were clenched and she looked ... mad

(chorus) her eyes say yes, but the slap says no
                if you had any doubt now you know
                blow in her ear, her eyes will glow
                that her eyes say yes, but the slap says no

2. reading books and getting looks
    in the book store
    moved in close to try my luck
    then I met, her boyfriend Chuck

    finding love can be blinding
    or so I'm finding
    with each slap it keeps reminding
(chorus)

3. I work with her, she works with me
    at the local agency
    helped her get a cup of water
    didn't know the boss' daughter

    now all out of work
    from my handiwork
    by chasing the boss' clerk
(chorus)



No comments:

Post a Comment