Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Transparent Heart

© 2009 Mark Cote

1. look at me
    and you'll never see
    my inner weeping willow tree
    A smile on my face as I joke and laugh
    is it real, or a holograph

(chorus) For I have a transparent heart
                You'll never see it is torn apart
                invisible pain
                invisible tears
                trying to make
                invisible years
                all within
                my transparent heart

2. Look at my eyes
    watch them shine
    you'll never know what lies behind
    what makes them shimmer what makes them glow
    is a deeper sadness
    than you'll ever know
(chorus)

3. as grains of sand
    fall through my hand
    the watch I wear has no hands
    but life's a beach on a sunny day
    or maybe a debt I must repay
(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment